Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My DIY Miu Miu dress


Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

I instantly fell in love with this Miu Miu dress discovered over on the lovely Gal Meets Glam blog. After realizing that I can't find it anywhere, I have decided to give it a try and create it myself. [ there is no copyright on clothes - by law they are considered a 'useful article' ] I do have some experience with sewing, so it wasn't out of the blue, but nothing as bold as this dress. I am so glad I did. I am uber happy with the result! It was tons of fun and a lot of work.

Thank you Alexis, from Orejonejo for helping me choose the fabric!

Here's the original picture I used as a model:


The short DIY story: removed the sleeves of an Old Navy t-shirt, sewed the lace bow on top, extended it with extra fabric (to make it look like a dress) and attached the ruffles on the bottom.

Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

Sparkling Bow DIY Miu Miu dress

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love to sew too! Lovely blog!!!
    Now following :) follow back if you like at
    www.bow-designs.com <333 XXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! As I've just started the blog, with every new follower I get super excited :)

    I'm following back! Amazing work so far! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute blog!! love your outfit :)
    now following, please follow back!

    xoxo
    elegantlysimple01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is amazing!!!!i wish i had your talent!love it!!
    xoxo



    p.s. let us know if you would like to follow each other...!:))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress! You look super pretty :D
    Already following your lovely blog! Hope you can follow back :D

    http://doublecasualchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress.*_*
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks,for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented at sewing! I only sewed my socks before hahaha!

    _____________
    http://zengzengzeng.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowww so creative! you look amazing in it

    http://hippiegonemad.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute dress with the bow!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative! Love the dress... you did an AMAZING job!!! Would love it if you stopped by my blog. If you follow let me know and i'll follow back! xoxo

    www.fashionmavenmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. the dress is gorgeous! you look so stunning! <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous dress! You look great!!! :D

    www.fashionaddict09.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the love hon, I'm following you now!
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful look!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are amazing for making that dress! you paired it so cute with that kate spade clutch! :)

    xoxo...beth

    www.fashiondotnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have great skills in making a dress :)

    -http://thirdbite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete